posted Mar 11, 2017, 6:08 AM by Khaled salama
updated Mar 11, 2017, 6:10 AM
Dr Mahmoud Ouda defended his PhD on wireless energy harvesting from ambient RF signals at the sensors group.Dr Ouda will be joining Imperial
London as a postdoctoral fellow starting April 1st, 2017 The dissertation is unique in developing an integrated RF-DC converter with on-chip antenna for lowering costs—in essence eliminating the cost of fabricating a different antenna. Another unique aspect of this thesis is the RF harvester’s integration with a wireless powered implantable sensor. The details are outlined in his thesis "Wide-Range Highly-Efficient Wireless Power Receivers for Biomedical Sensors".
His work resulted in following publications:
- M. Ouda, W. Khalil and K.N. Salama, "Self-Biased Differential Rectifier with Enhanced Dynamic Range for Wireless Powering" IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 2016 (accepted)
- M. Ouda, W. Khalil and K.N. Salama, "Wide-Range Adaptive RF-to-DC Power Converter for UHF RFIDs," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 2016 10.1109/LMWC.2016.2586077
- M. Ouda, L. Marnat, A. Shamim, K N Salama, 5.2-GHz RF Power Harvesting Module in 0.18 μm CMOS for Biomedical Implantable Sensors, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol 61, n 5, pp 2177-2184, 2013
- L. Marnat, M. Ouda, M. Arsalan, K. Salama, A. Shamim, "On-chip implantable antennas for wireless power and data transfer in a glaucoma monitoring SoC", IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters (AWPL), vol 11, pp 1671-1674, 2012
- A. M. Elshurafa, A.G. Radwan, P. H. Ho, M. Ouda and K. N. Salama "Low Voltage Puzzle-Like Fractal MEMS Variable Capacitors Suppressing Pull-in" IET micro and nano letters, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 965-969, 2012.
- M. Arsalan, M. H. Ouda, L. Marnat, A. Shamim, K. N. Salama," Implantable Intraocular Pressure Monitoring Systems: Design Considerations",Microwave Workshop Series on RF and Wireless Technologies for Biomedical and Healthcare Applications (IMWS-BIO), 2013 IEEE MTT-S International
- M. Arsalan, M. Ouda, L. Marnat, A. Shamim and K N Salama, A 5.2GHz, 0.5mW RF Powered Wireless Sensor with Dual On-Chip Antennas for Implantable Intraocular Pressure Monitoring, IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest (IMS), 2013