posted Feb 4, 2016, 2:50 AM by Khaled salama
updated Feb 18, 2016, 5:48 AM
Its with great pleasure to announce that PhD student Hesham Omran earned his doctoral degree. Dr Omran worked on Energy-Efficient Capacitance-to-Digital Converters for Low-Energy Sensor Nodes
. He managed to publish an impressive 12 published journal papers during his PhD, 5 published conference papers and 3 journals under review.
- H. Omran, H. Alahmadi, and K. N. Salama, “Matching properties of femtofarad and sub-femtofarad MOM capacitors,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, accepted.
- H. Omran, A. Alhoshany, H. Alahmadi , and K. N. Salama, “A 31fJ/Step 12- bit Inverter-Based SAR Capacitance-to-Digital Converter,” Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of , submitted.
- Suman Samai, Christos Sapsanis, sachin patil, alaa ezzeddine, Basem Moosa, Hesham Omran, Abdul-Hamid Emwas, khaled Salama and Niveen M. Khashab, "Light Responsive Two-Component Supramolecular Hydrogel: A Sensitive Platform for Humidity Sensors," Soft Matter, 2016, DOI: 10.1039/C6SM00272B
- Hesham Omran, Rami T. ElAfandy, Muhammad Arsalan, and Khaled N. Salama, Direct Mismatch Characterization of femto-Farad Capacitors, IEEE transactions on circuits and systems II, vol 63, no 2, pp. 151-155, 2016. (DOI:10.1109/TCSII.2015.2468919)
- Mohammed Zidan, Hesham Omran, Rawan Naous, Ahmed Sultan, Hossam Fahmy, Wei Lu, and Khaled Salama "Single-Readout High-Density Memristor Crossbar" Scientific Reports 6, 18863 (2016) doi:10.1038/srep18863
- Amir N. Hanna, Aftab M. Hussain, Hesham Omran, Sarah Alshareef, Khaled N. Salama, and Muhammad M. Hussain, "Amorphous Zinc Oxide Integrated Wavy Channel Thin Film Transistor Based High Performance Digital Circuits", IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 193-196, 2016 (10.1109/LED.2015.2505613)
- Amir N. Hanna, Aftab M. Hussain, Hesham Omran, Khaled N. Salama, and Muhammad M. Hussain, "Wavy Channel TFT Based Digital Circuits", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, accepted, 2016
- Sapsanis, C.; Omran, H.; Chernikova, V.; Shekhah, O.; Belmabkhout, Y.; Buttner, U.; Eddaoudi, M.; Salama, K.N. Insights on Capacitive Interdigitated Electrodes Coated with MOF Thin Films: Humidity and VOCs Sensing as a Case Study.Sensors, 15, 18153-18166, 2015.
- M. Affan Zidan, H. Omran, A. Sultan, H. A. H. Fahmy, and K. N. Salama,“Compensated Readout for High Density MOS-Gated MemristorCrossbar Array,”IEEE Transaction on Nanotechnology (TNANO), vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1-4, Jan 2015
- M. A. Zidan, H. Omran, A.G. Radwan and K. N. Salama "A family of Memristor-Based reactance-Less oscillators," International journal of circuit theory and applications, Volume 42, Issue 11, pp 1103-1208, Nov 2014
- Hesham Omran, Muhammad Arsalan and Khaled N. Salama, An Integrated Energy-Efficient Capacitive Sensor Digital Interface Circuit, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Volume 216, Pages 43–51, 2014
- Hesham Omran and Khaled N. Salama, A 7.9 pJ/Step Energy-Efficient Multi-Slope 13-bit Capacitance-to-Digital Converter, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and systems II, vol.61, no.8, pp.589-593, Aug. 2014
- M. A. Zidan, H. Omran, A.G. Radwan and K. N. Salama, "Memristor-Based Reactance-Less Oscillator," Electronics Letters, vol. 47, no. 22, pp. 1220–1221, October 2011. (Selected among five papers to be included in the journal's "In Brief" section, top accessed article in march 2012)
- H. Omran and K.N. Salama, "Design and Fabrication of Capacitive Interdigitated Electrodes for Smart Gas Sensors," IEEE International Conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Application, 2015
- H. Omran, A. Alhoshany, H. Alahmadi , and K. N. Salama, “A 35fJ/Step Differential Successive Approximation Capacitive Sensor Readout Circuit with Quasi-Dynamic Operation,” 2016 Symposia on VLSI Technology and Circuits, submitted.
- N. Khan, H. Omran, Y.B. Yao, M. Arsalan and K.N. Salama, "A Frequency Output Ferroelectric Phase PZT Capacitor Based Temperature Sensor," IEEE International Conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Application, 2015
- Christos Sapsanis, Shilpa Sivashankar, Hesham Omran, Ulrich Buttner, Khaled Salama, Capacitive immunosensor for C-reactive protein quantification, IEEE InternationalMidwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), 2015,USA
- Naveed Khan, Hesham Omran, Yingbang Yao, Khaled Salama, Flexible PVDF Ferroelectric Capacitive Temperature Sensor, ” IEEE InternationalMidwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), 2015, USA