Ibn Sina Building (Bldg. 3), 3266 W9
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- RF MEMS and NEMS including: (Variable) Capacitors, (Variable) Inductors, Resonators, Filters, and Switches
Inertial Sensors: accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Finite Element Modeling of Multiphysics Problems using COMSOL
- MEMS Piezoelectric Energy Harvesters
- Zipping MEMS Actuation Techniques
- Smart MEMS Structures and Layout Optimization
- PhD, Dalhousie University, 2008
- MASC, Dalhousie University, 2005
- BEng, Dalhousie University (with distinction), 2002
- Amro M. Elshurafa, A. G. Radwan, A. Emira, and K. N. Salama, "RF MEMS Fractal Capacitors with High Self Resonant Frequencies," IEEE J. Microelectromechanical Systems - JMEMS, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 10-12, February 2012 (Top 10 most accessed article in March 2012).
- Amro M. Elshurafa, K. Khirallah, H. Tawfik, A. Emira, A. Abdel Aziz, and S. Sedky, "Nonlinear Dynamics of Spring Softening and Hardening in Folded-MEMS Comb Drive Resonators," IEEE J. Microelectromechanical Systems - JMEMS, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 943-958, August 2011 (Top 10 most accessed article in August 2012).
- Amro M. Elshurafa and E. I. El-Masry, "MEMS Variable Capacitance Devices Utilizing the Substrate: II. Zipping Varactors," Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering – JMM, Vol. 20, No. 4, 045028 (7pp), April 2010.
- Amro M. Elshurafa and E. I. El-Masry, "Effects of Non-uniform Nanoscale Deflections on Capacitance in RF MEMS Parallel Plate Variable Capacitors," Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering – JMM, Vol. 18, No. 4, 040512 (11pp), April 2008.
- Amro M. Elshurafa and E. I. El-Masry, "Finite Element Modeling of Low Stress Suspension Structures and Applications in RF MEMS Parallel Plate Variable Capacitors," IEEE Transactions of Microwave Theory and Techniques – MT&T, Vol. 54, No. 5, pp. 2211-2219, May 2006.