Ibn Sina Building (Bldg. 3), 3266 W15
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Developing MicroCVD utilizing micro heater, electrodes for localized electrical field and arch discharge system incorporated in micro channels for the controlled growth of carbon nanotubes
- Developing DNA and RNA analysis system (Lab-on-Chip) utilizing composite materials
- Developing imaging and stimulus sensors to study cells using CNT forests
- Examining the Photo Voltaic (PV) effect of CNTs for developing the next generation PV cells
- Developing programmable microarrays of CNT devices for numerous applications like e beam sources, biosensors, optoelectronics, micro-nano actuators etc and a startup; “Jadoo Technologies”
- Developing electrostatic actuators and micropumps using polymers and and nanocomposite materials
- Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Eng., Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, Aug 2007
- M.S. in Electrical and Computer Eng., Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, Dec 2004
- B.S. in EE, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI (Cum Lade), May 2004
- W. Khalid, Mohamed Sultan Mohamed Ali, Yongho Choi, Parham Yaghoobi, Alireza Nojeh, Kenichi Takahata: Three-Dimensional Micro-Electro-Discharge Machiningof Carbon Nanotube Forests, submitted to Nano Letters September 2009.
- W. Khalid, Yongho Choi, Parham Yaghoobi, Alireza Nojeh MEMS Cantilever Device as electrostatic actuator fabricated with Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Strands using CNT Forests, submitted to Nano Letters September 2009.
- W. Khalid, K. Zheng, Z. Wang, Y. Li, R. B. Katragadda, Y. Zhao, Q. Lin and Y. Xu,: Optical lever based parylene cantilevers for biochemical sensing, The Open Optics Journal, vol 2, pp.86-93. 2008.
- W. Khalid, I. Hossain, S. M. Mahmud and Y. Xu: Intelligent Vehicle Based Architecture for Real-Time Monitoring of Soldiers’ Health using MEMS Flexible Smart Skin Sensors, Proc. of the 5th Annual Intelligent Vehicle Systems Symposium of National Defense Industries Association (NDIA), National Automotive Center and Vectronics Technology, Traverse City, Michigan, June 13 –16, 2005.
- W. Khalid, R. B. Katragadda1, Y. Zhao, Q. Lin,Y. Xu: Biosensors Based On Parylene Cantilevers, Proceeding of the 9th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences (µTAS), Boston, Massachusetts, USA October 9-13, 2005.